The Mason Early Identification Program (EIP) and Academic Mentoring Program (AMP) are looking for undergraduate or graduate students who are interested in working with the middle and high school student populations, tutoring, mentoring, and giving back to the Northern Virginia community for the Fall 2023 semester. Learn more about this AMP Mentor position below, and apply on Mason360 by August 27, 2023 (Priority Application Deadline) or September 4, 2023 (General Application Deadline).
About AMP Mentors:
The AMP Mentors will play an integral role in supporting the delivery of academic supports needed for academic and personal success at over 25 different tutoring sites. These supports comprise of academic coaching, academic assistance, and ultimately helping EIP students realize their academic potential. AMP Mentors will report directly to the Assistant Director and Associate Director at EIP. This will be an in-person position for Fall 2023 with starting pay of $14/hour.
Note: transportation to sites is provided for those who do not have their own transportation.
- Undergraduate/Graduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Able to provide academic assistance to students in English, Math, Science, History, and/or other subjects
- Able to work with minors and pass a Mason background check in addition to county/school background checks
How to Apply:
Complete the application via Mason 360:
- Priority Application Deadline: August 27, 2023
- General Application Deadline: September 4, 2023
- Interviews Begin: August 28, 2023
Submit the following documents through the online application:
- Unofficial Mason Transcript
- Fall 2023 Class Schedule