The Virginia FCCLA Leadership Foundation is pleased to offer a $1,000 scholarship to current juniors, seniors, first-year graduate students, or career-switchers enrolled at a Virginia college or university. The focus of the scholarship is for students pursuing a degree in Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) or a related field, with the intention of becoming an FCS teacher and FCCLA adviser.
Many students entering Family & Consumer Sciences Education will often major in a related FCS content area and will then pick up the teaching endorsement.
Related FCS majors for this scholarship include:
- Child Development and Parenting
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education and Services and Pre-K Education
- Economics and Personal Finance
- Education – Grades 6-12
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Family and Human Services
- Family Relations
- Fashion Design
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
- Housing and Interior Design
- Individual Development
- Nutrition and Wellness/Dietetics
Students who are not planning to enter FCS teaching at the middle or high school level should not apply.
Complete the application below and email it to email@example.com. Completed applications are due on or before November 1, 2023.