The Kimmy Duong Foundation is excited to announce The Long Nguyen and Kimmy Duong Scholarship Program. This program is for undergraduate students enrolled in Washington, DC area institutions (including George Mason University) for the 2024-25 school year. Each undergraduate scholarship will be $1,000, $2,000 or $3,000 annually. The scholarship is renewable annually for up to 4 years, for students who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree. The application portal is open until March 29, 2024, but only the first 250 applications will be accepted!
Join the Info Session:
A Kimmy Duong Foundation Scholarship Information Session is being held on Wednesday, February 7, 2024 from 12:00 – 1:30pm in George’s on the third floor of the Johnson Center. This is a free event with lunch provided!
These undergraduate scholarships are available to all US Citizens and permanent residents (except the 3 Gold scholarships that will be reserved for Vietnamese students from Vietnam, who have been accepted to US universities) who demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Strong leadership potential
- A track record of service to the communities
- Pride in their culture and heritage, and
- A passion to apply their academic background to create a better world
- Financial need
- Special consideration will be given to students with unique situations, for example:
- Low to moderate incomes
- Single parents returning to school to improve their families’ lives, or
- Students who are trying to recover from a past criminal record and improve their own lives
- Attending the scholarship ceremony to accept the scholarship award
More Info & How to Apply:
For more details about qualifications, see the Qualifications – DC/VA/MD page.
To apply for a scholarship, see the Applying – DC/VA/MD page.