University Career Services is now accepting applications for Spring 2019 Unpaid Internship Scholarships.
The Unpaid Internship Scholarship is open to all students (undergraduate and graduate) with at least a 2.0 GPA and who will participate in an unpaid internship during the spring semester. Students may receive up to $1,500 during the spring semester. Multiple scholarships will be awarded. This scholarship is considered financial aid and receipt of an award may have an effect on the student’s existing financial aid package. Awardees must provide proof they have secured an unpaid internship before any monies will be awarded to their student account. Additional details will be provided to selected applicants. The application for the spring 2019 term is due on January 31, 2019.
We will receiving applications in Handshake for the summer 2019 scholarships (up to $4,000) between February 1 and March 1.
How to apply:
- University Career Services receives applications through Handshake (#2251528 UCS Unpaid Internship Scholarship – Spring 2019). Apply today!
- Direct link to the application in Handshake (they login with their NetID): https://gmu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2251528/share_preview
Important things to know:
- Students may apply for the scholarship before securing an internship; awardees will be asked to provide proof they have secured an internship before any monies will be paid to their student account (Internship Verification Form).
- Internships can be for academic credit or not-for-credit.
- This scholarship is considered financial aid and receipt of an award may have an effect on your existing financial aid package.
- Awards are paid to your Mason student account and will be applied to any outstanding balance on your account first. If there is not an outstanding balance, then the monies will be provided to the student.
- Awards will be paid out in 2 separate payments over the course of the academic term.
- International students ARE eligible for the scholarship; however additional paperwork may be required after they have been selected and the amount may be subject to taxes.
- Priority is given to students participating in their firstinternship related to their academic/professional goals.