The Office of International Programs and Services (OIPS) is hiring a new Graduate Professional Assistant (GPA) for Mason Korea Student Engagement! This role will serve in direct support of Mason Korea engagement efforts in Fairfax. Learn more about the duties, qualifications, and how to apply below!
The duties of the GPA for Mason Korea Student Engagement will be split between serving Mason Korea students who transitioned to the Fairfax campus and supporting OIPS Engagement Team with general international students’ engagement needs. The GPA will be responsible for the delivery and promotion of engagement and leadership opportunities for Mason Korea students. This position reports to the OIPS Associate Director of Engagement and Assessment, but is expected to work directly, as requested, with the Assistant Dean for University Life and maintain ongoing communication with appropriate stakeholders pertaining to all efforts related to Mason Korea.
- Enrolled full-time in one of George Mason University’s graduate programs for the Fall 2023–Spring 2024 academic year;
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment;
- Exceptional professionalism and a strong work ethic;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Innovative thinker with the ability to take initiative on ideas and projects;
- Collaborative team player with ability to remain flexible around office and programmatic needs;
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft applications;
- Experience with marketing and graphic design;
- Experience with website, newsletter, and multimedia content maintenance;
- Ability to get from building to building to promote and support events and services;
- Ability to present, facilitate, and coordinate meetings and events as needed on behalf of University Life and OIPS.
The GPA position is designed for a 20-hour per week work commitment. The exact schedule may be flexible, depending on needs of the unit. At times, the work may require extended hours and/or night or early morning, or weekend hours.
The Graduate Professional Assistant position will be paid a stipend of:
- $18,522.00, will be paid on the 1st and 16th of the month for the duration of employment contract period;
Other terms for the position contract include:
- Tuition grant up to the 6 graduate credits at the equivalent in-state rate, not to exceed $4,800.00 per semester; master’s degree students (with exception of MFA students) who are out-of-state do not receive in-state tuition rates;
- Participate in the University Life Graduate Staff Academy each month, as class schedule allows;
- The GPA position is a 9-month contract, August 10, 2023 – May 9, 2024, with the possibility of renewal for a second academic year;
- All information, including rules and regulations, regarding all graduate assistantship can be located on the Provost Graduate Division website
To apply, please submit a:
- Letter of interest,
- Fall schedule of classes, and
- Names and contact information for three professional references
via Handshake (posting #7862977) or to the address listed below. In your application materials, please include:
- your G#,
- graduate degree program, and
- your expected date of graduation
For best consideration, please submit your application by 11:59PM May 25, 2023.
Dr. Yali Pan
Associate Director for Engagement and Assessment
Office of International Programs and Services
4300 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 20330