The Dr. Lillian M. Lowery Scholarship is an annually awarded national scholarship that was established to support a student pursuing a master’s degree in education who embodies a spirit of commitment to furthering opportunities for all students. The inaugural scholarship is named in honor of the late Dr. Lillian M. Lowery, a passionate teacher and education leader who championed education reform throughout the United States before joining ETS, where she served as Vice President of Student and Teacher Assessments.
Scholarship Award: $15,000
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
Any master’s student who:
- is enrolled in an accredited U.S. graduate program in education during the 2022-2023 academic school year
- demonstrates leadership abilities and commitment to community service
- demonstrates financial need
- is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped 1-551
How To Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, you must provide:
- a one-page statement outlining your financial need
- the official transcript for your most recently completed academic term; this should include your Fall 2022 grades and cumulative GPA
- two recommendation letters (one should be from a school advisor)
- two original essays answering the following questions (maximum of 500 words per question): What is the most pressing issue facing education today, and what should future teachers and education leaders know to address this challenge? Tell us a bit about yourself, your background, why you should be awarded the Dr. Lillian M. Lowery Scholarship and how this scholarship will help you support underserved communities.
- Application Deadline: April 3, 2023
- Winner Notified: May 15, 2023
For more information, contact ETSScholarships@ets.org