Want to support first-gen and/or undocumented students? The First-Gen+ Center is hiring!
The First-Gen+ Center is looking for enthusiastic students to become student peer mentors and UndocuAlly Trainers. These positions will begin during the Spring 2023 semester and will continue through the 2023-2024 Academic Year. Students selected will be REQUIRED to enroll in a UNIV 300-level course during the Spring 2023 semester (Thursdays 1:30 – 2:45PM). Applications close on January 8th, 2023. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
FIRST-GEN+ CENTER MENTORS:
- FIRST-GENERATION STUDENT PEER MENTORS: The First-Generation (“First-Gen”) Peer Mentoring program is a program to support first gen student success at George Mason University. First-Gen Peer Mentors will provide support while serving as a positive role model for these students.
- STEP MENTORS: The Student Transition Empowerment Program (STEP) is an initiative of the First-Gen+ Center created to enhance the recruitment, engagement and retention of first-generation college students accepted to George Mason University. STEP mentors play an integral role in helping incoming STEP students transition and build community at Mason.
- APPLY HERE: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/7212020 (Please note that there is ONE application for STEP Mentors and First-Gen Peer Mentors. You may note your preference in your cover letter).
- The UndocuAlly Training team includes the ongoing development of an established training curriculum to advance awareness across and beyond campus about undocumented communities (experiences, policy, language, support). Each trainer brings their own skills and experiences, but the training team works together to deliver educational content and facilitate engaging activities for faculty, staff, students, and off-campus partners to advance support for the undocumented student community.
- APPLY HERE: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/7212614