The Rachel Sleichter Scholarship for Teaching Excellence was established in 2022. Rachel graduated in the spring of 2022 with her Masters in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Elementary Education from the College of Education and Human Development. This scholarship honors Rachel’s dedication and persistence, and supports aspiring teachers. This scholarship is awarded annually to an undergraduate or a graduate student who is pursuing a degree in teaching, specific to K-12 education.
• Undergraduate or graduate student (full or part-time)
• GPA of 2.75 or higher
• Must be pursuing a degree in teaching, specific to K-12 Education
• Demonstrated financial need and academic merit
Important Dates and Other Information:
- Application Window: September 1st, 2022 – January 1, 2023
- Awards Notifications: all finalists will receive a confirmation of their award selection or denial by Friday, March 10.
- Scholarship Dinner: all selected scholarship recipients will be invited to the annual Scholarship Dinner. Additional RSVP is required upon receipt of invitation.
- Thank You Letters: all selected scholarship recipients will be required to write a formal letter of appreciation to the donor(s) responsible for endowing the scholarship that they have received.
- Photo/Press Release: all selected scholarship recipients will take a group photo and be featured in various Mason news publications, such as, The Scroll, Mason Spirit magazine, Mason website, social media accounts, etc.
For inquiries, please email Jessica Scibetti.