We have several exciting new jobs being offered to CEHD students and grads. We’ve bundled them together here in one post, so keep scrolling!
Teach Reading Classes to Students of All Ages
Now Accepting Applications for Summer 2020
The Institute of Reading Development offers summer reading skills programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities nationwide. Since 1970, the Institute’s teachers have helped over 3 million students master valuable reading skills and develop a lifelong love of reading. Programs designed by the Institute give students the right skills, books, and experiences that result in greater success in school and beyond.
We are currently hiring hard-working, encouraging people with a passion for reading to teach our summer programs. As an Institute teacher you will:
- Earn up to $9,000 in one summer. Our full-time teachers typically earn $675-$850 per week.
- Improve your teaching skills and confidence during our comprehensive, paid training program.
- Gain over 400 hours of classroom teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to adults.
- Help your students become successful readers with a love of great books.
We are seeking applicants from any academic discipline. All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or higher in their field before the start of our teaching season.
Successful Institute teachers:
- Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure
- Are responsible and hard-working, with good communication and organizational skills
- Will be patient and supportive with students
Learn more about teaching for us and apply today: Summer Teaching Jobs
Building Blocks Day School in Falls Church, VA.
We are a preschool, founded in 2007, dedicated to teaching young minds through our program. Our school is well respected in the community and we are urgently hiring to fill a position in the later afternoon. BBDS is approximately 20 minutes away from George Mason University and will serve as a great learning opportunity for students who are interested in pursuing a career in Childhood Development. The following is the job description:
- Part-time Teacher Assistant
- From 3-6 pm M-F or 4-6 pm M-F. Either one is fine and will depend on the student’s availability/school schedule
- Salary will be discussed at the interview
- A reliable, responsible, kind, and patient individual who is able to work well with others.
- They must enjoy playing and teaching young children between the ages of 2-5 years old.
- Assist in the classroom
- Help children use the bathroom and practice good hygiene
- Help to keep the toys in an orderly fashion
- Manage the classroom
- Oversee playtime.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred, experience with young children preferred.
- Upon hire, must be able to obtain a background check, TB-test, and be certified in CPR and first aid.