Girls Scouts National Capital (GSNC) is hiring for multiple positions including Camp Unit Counselors for summer 2021. Camp Unit Counselors are the heart and soul of camp. Unit staff live and work with a group of girls (in grades K-11 during the 2020-21 school year), helping them take healthy risks and develop self-confidence. Camp Unit Counselors spend their days planning and implementing activities and having fun right along with the girls!
Perks of Working at Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital Summer Sleepaway Camp
- Salaries start at $275 per week
- Room, board, and laundry facilities provided
- Paid pre-camp training and professional development
- Free certification in CPR/First Aid and other activities dependent on position (lifeguarding, archery, etc.)
- Networking opportunities and a chance to work with culturally diverse staff and campers
- College credit/internship (We’ll work with you to fulfill requirements.)
- Ample time off
- Skill development in leadership, communication, problem-solving, behavior management, creativity, and more
- A summer outdoors in the woods without screens!
- Memories and friendships to last a lifetime
- The opportunity to create a positive impact on the youth of today
Here’s the link to online information about sleepaway camp employment which includes the application links: www.gscnc.org/resident.
Students are encouraged to submit their applications before March 31, 2021.
Contact Ebony Squire with GSNC by phone or text (202-274-2178) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you may have before applying.