Delta Kappa Gamma has announced that it is currently accepting applications (until April 15, 2021) for the Frances N. Wimer Recruitment Grant (Scholarship). Read the announcement here:
DELTA KAPPA GAMMA SOCIETY, BETA CHAPTER
FRANCES N. WIMER RECRUITMENT GRANT (Scholarship)
What is Delta Kappa Gamma?
Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is an organization whose purposes are to unite women educators of the world and to advance the professional interests and positions of women in education; to stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to inform the membership of economic, social, political, and educational issues to the end that they may become intelligent functioning members of a world society.
The Frances N. Wimer Grant
The grant consists of $1,000 paid directly to a rising junior, senior, or postgraduate student at an accredited college/university who plans to pursue a teaching career.
The applicant must be:
- a female, rising junior, senior, or graduate level at a college/university in Virginia;
- majoring in a teacher preparation curriculum;
- carrying a full-time credit load as determined by her university/college;
- maintaining at least a 3.0 grade average;
- a resident of the greater Richmond area: City of Richmond, counties of Henrico, Powhatan, Goochland, Chesterfield, Charles City, New Kent, and Hanover; and
- planning to teach in the greater Richmond area (preferred).
The applicant should complete the attached application, requesting that a faculty member complete the faculty nomination portion.
Applications must be completed and returned to the Scholarship Committee of Delta Kappa Gamma, Beta Chapter, along with an official college transcript by April 15, 2021.
If the committee cannot easily select one applicant, finalists may be interviewed probably virtually. Once the winner is selected, all applicants will be informed of the results by May, 2021.
Awards are made on the basis of demonstrated scholastic achievement and career commitment (as stated in letter of commitment to teaching) for applicants who meet the requirements above. Final selection of the winner is made by Delta Kappa Gamma, Beta Chapter.
Click here for the application form.