The Institute of Reading Development is now hiring summer teachers for its live online reading skills programs for students of all ages. These programs provide students with the skills, books, and experiences they need to achieve greater success in school and beyond.
Institute summer teachers:
- Earn between $600-$700 per week.
- Improve their teaching skills and confidence during a comprehensive, paid training program.
- Gain valuable teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to high school students.
- Help students become successful readers with a love of great books.
The Institute provides comprehensive training and ongoing support for its teachers, so applicants do not require teaching certification or experience. All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher and must be available to teach classes five days a week, including both weekend days. The Institute is looking for full-time teachers with availability to work 37-40 hours per week during the summer. There will be some opportunities for continued employment with the Institute after the summer.
Successful Institute teachers:
- Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure.
- Are responsible and hard-working, with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Are comfortable and confident with technology.
- Are patient and supportive with students and parents.
Learn more about The Institute of Reading Development and its reading programs at https://readingprograms.org/about-us/.