The College of Education and Human Development’s Project ExCEL is a federally funded Jacob K. Javits grant research program. Project ExCEL uses Problem-Based Learning as a platform to find and serve high ability low income students. The program is currently seeking a Graduate Research Assistant.
This 20-hour/week position will support the implementation of Project ExCEL, a federally funded program; this position will report to the Project Director/Project Manager on the timely completion of project goals. Key responsibilities in this job include conducting fieldwork and research, supporting implementation of the project, and serving on a GRA team.
- Strong interest in doing field work
- Experience or interest in teaching/teacher education
- Experience or interest in gifted education
Essential tasks include:
- Conduct field work in project schools
- Monitor progress of implementation
- Collect data
- Conduct professional development with ExCEL team
- Work with ExCEL team to solidify communication between ExCEL and schools/LEAs
- Manage office such as order resources
- Collect feedback
- Complete data analysis tasks
- Collaboration with project team and partner schools
To apply, contact: