We know that real life hasn’t stopped despite the need for social distancing. Getting started on your career path may feel especially daunting at this time, but there are virtual resources available to help with career preparation and the job search. We’ve gathered a few recent offerings here. Follow the links below to learn more.
From University Career Services:
- Career Services has a COVID-19 Job Search Frequently Asked Questions page.
- This Thursday, June 4th from 2-3 pm, Career Services will be hosting an Employer Panel on the State of Recruiting with several employers who regularly recruit Mason talent.
- Meeting link: https://bit.ly/300C5aq
- Career Services is hosting a Virtual Job Fair on Thursday, June 18, from 12-5 pm, and on Friday, June 19, from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Students will need to register by Monday, June 15 at 12 pm with their “masonlive.gmu.edu” email account.
- Students can register and see the list of employers by logging into Handshake.
From DIVERSITY in Ed:
This event, sponsored by DIVERSITY in Ed Publishing, offers a unique opportunity for job-seeking teacher candidates of diverse and bilingual backgrounds to connect with hiring representatives of over seventy-five schools and districts nationwide in a real-time live virtual setting. The virtual career fair is an innovative and efficient platform that will create a great experience that will lead to more connections and ultimately more hires for those who attend. Admission is free to all job-seekers.
You’re Invited to the June 3, 2020, Virtual Teacher Recruitment Fair
June 3, 2020, from 11 am – 5 pm, CST