Higher Education Program Media and Office Assistant (Handshake Posting #1944902)
The Higher Education Program (HEP) is a graduate-level program housed within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. HEP seeks to hire two Media and Office Assistants for the 2018-19 academic year to support the program’s marketing and administrative needs. Areas these student workers will support include but aren’t necessarily limited to:
- Revamp, declutter, reorganize, and keep content current on HEP’s website. This includes overhauling and updating information for the new MA degree, doctoral degrees, certificates, and MAIS concentration; drafting and publishing student and faculty news releases; and updating job postings and study abroad opportunities, faculty bios, and program announcements. This is a substantial project and will be the bulk of the students’ initial work.
- Assist with marketing efforts within the program.
- Assist with gathering content for and producing HEP’s semesterly newsletter.
- Maintain and support HEP’s social media efforts to include generating content for and updating both the Facebook page and Twitter feed.
- Support HEP faculty and staff as needed in day-to-day office tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, serving as point of contact for the office when Academic Coordinator is not present, monitoring the program’s generic email address and responding to general inquiries, and reserving space on campus for faculty and student meetings.
HEP seeks polished and professional students who have substantial written, communication, and web-editing experience. Additionally, a successful candidate in this position will be a self-starter who is able to work well in a team while also independently on tasks as they are assigned.
Graduate students and upper-level undergraduate students in fields such as English, AVT, and Communication are especially encouraged to apply.
Schedule and Pay:
The Academic Coordinator and Media and Office Assistants will set the schedule for the semester based on the office’s needs and the students’ class schedule. There is potential for some of the work hours to be held remotely outside of normal HEP office hours if desired by the students.
The pay rate will be $15.00 per hour for up to 15 hours a week. The positions will begin in Oct 2018 and will go through May 2018 (extension through Spring semester will be based upon Fall performance).
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 1 professional reference to the job posting on Handshake (position #1944902). Any inquiries about the position can be addressed to HEP’s Academic Coordinator, Katie Richards, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Students must be eligible for federal work study.