The Delta Kappa Gamma (DKG) Society, Beta Chapter, invites education students who meet the qualifications below to apply for the DKG Frances N. Wimer Recruitment Grant. The grant consists of $1,000 paid directly to a rising junior, senior, or postgraduate at an accredited college/university who plans to pursue a teaching career.
The applicant must be:
- a female, rising junior, senior, or graduate level at a college/university in Virginia
- majoring in a teacher preparation curriculum
- carrying a full-time credit load as determined by her university/college
- maintaining at least a 3.0 grade average
- a resident of the greater Richmond area: City of Richmond, counties of Henrico, Powhatan, Goochland, Chesterfield, Charles City, New Kent, and Hanover.
The applicant should complete the application below, requesting that a faculty member complete the faculty nomination portion. Applications must be completed and returned to the Scholarship Committee of Delta Kappa Gamma, Beta Chapter, along with a letter/statement of commitment, and an official college transcript by April 15, 2022. More information is provided in the application.
If the committee cannot easily select one applicant, finalists may be interviewed, probably virtually. Once the winner is selected, all applicants will be informed of the results by May 2022.
Please read through the attachment for further instructions and information. Questions? Please contact DKG chapter chair, Anne Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 323-3408.